Learn to start taking more full advantage of Kotlin for Android development.
This talk was given virtually for the 360AnDev conference in July 2020.
What’s covered in this talk?
Getting Started With Kotlin
- How to create a new Kotlin project?
- How to convert Java to Kotlin?
- How to experiment with Kotlin using REPL, Koans, and Scratch Files
- Syntax basics and common idioms
- Explore the Kotlin Standard Library
- Special language features including data classes, sealed classes, and extension functions
- Decompiling Kotlin
Going Full Kotlin
- KTX & Android Jetpack
- Asynchronous programming with coroutines
- Flow, StateFlow
- Kotlin build scripts
- Jetpack Compose
Kotlin Beyond Android
- Kotlin Multiplatform
- Server-side Kotlin
- Kotlin scripting
Start learning the Kotlin programming language
Learn to start building Android applications using Kotlin and Android Jetpack